Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Vacation in USA - 45 more States to go.






We had a great time on our Vacation in the United States of America & Ashley was a great traveler in the car for our Roadtrip. We left Toronto at 530am and at 545am, she asked "Are we there yet?". Nope, just another 8 hours drive ahead of us. :0)

We spent 6 days in the Lancaster PA area & vacationed at the Futon Steamboat Inn. What a great place! I would highly recommend it, for the value and customer service. We did something every day...one of my favorite days was taking in the Sight and Sound Theatre production of "In the Beginning". Honestly, I felt like I was in heaven....from the moment we walked in the front door. It was quite something....

All the people in Lancaster PA are very friendly, so the Usher at this show who was an elderly gentelman (I knew he was an Christian as it felt like a Touched by and Angel experience, seriously). We were waiting for the show to start and he and another usher were just adoring Ashley. The usher came over to Ken, and said "You have a real little Angel there. She is an Angel." Then he asked Ashley if she wanted anything at all from the Gift shop....Missy was a little shy , so I said how about a Wooly Lamb. So he went and next thing came back with one for her.. it was so nice. I will never forget that moment.



I could write so much about our vacation but it would take me all night. On the weekend during vacation for 3 nights, we visited Ken's Aunt Jean and Uncle Pete, Cousin Sher and her now hubby Scott Brossler. We had a great visit with them. I love the small town America and always love to see the many flags posted everywhere. I took quite a number of flag photos while on our trip....here are just a few.



1 comment:

  1. Glad yu guys had a great time. PA is something out of this world! So beautiful, so laid back. Its like the rush and chaos of everywhere else hasn't touched it yet, or at least the parts we were. Remember what I said. When it comes time to visit Obama, our house is just 20 min away. :)

    ReplyDelete