Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What will you be when you Grow up?

When we were all 5 years old or so, I am sure someone asked us what we would be when we grow up. I can't remember what I said I would be, but am pretty sure that Miss Ashley knows what she wants to be already.

Over the past few weeks we have had a few chats in the car and at home about this very topic.

First story happened on the way to pick up Daddy from the subway. Mommy needed a bathroom break so we stopped in Tim Horton's on our way .... just to go to the bathroom. NOT!

The conversation on the way went something like this:

Me: We need to stop on the way for daddy, so that Mommy can go pee. So we are going to stop in Tim Hortons.

Ashley: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, then I can get a sprinkled donut.

Me: No, we are just stopping this time to go to the bathroom. (Yeah right)

Ashley: (In her confident and powerful voice) Well if you don't buy me a Donut, I am going to call the police man and tell him!!

Me: The police man isn't going to do anything as mommy is not breaking any rules.

Ashley: Well I will tell him that I was hungry and you didn't feed me!!!

She got the donut! I know I am a sucker, but mommy guilt set in.

............................................................................................................................................................

Yesterday, on the way home she told Daddy & I that when she grows up that she is not going to live with us anymore, because she is going to be a POLICE officer and arrest bad people and throw them in jail.

She is going to teach all the police officers the rules of the land. (Daddy thinks she is planning to take Chief Fortino's job).

Let me tell you, this kid has the personality for Police work. Don't mess with her or look out!!!

For now, mommy & daddy make the rules in the house.

Good night all

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment