Saturday, February 4, 2012

New Year! Already? Where have I been?



I haven't been THAT busy since September that I haven't head time to blog, shame on me, Mommy Dana!
There has been lots to blog about too.....

Christmas 2011 - was a quiet one with our family and friends but very enjoyable for us.  Work is always busy that time of year for me, but I made time to enjoy the quiet and true meaning of the Season.  A hi-light for us was when the Nativity Scene at our Church food bank got destroyed.

That may not sound exciting, but it brought a real lesson of giving and love into our home.

We shared with Ashley what had happened there, and showed the photo in the local paper.  This Nativity was HUGE and made of concrete that it would take a lot of work to damage.  Her response was to bring her tiny Mary and Joseph to give to Grant at the church, to replace the Mary and Joseph that were damaged.  I was moved, as a parent because in her little eyes that little gift was a big enough replacement for the HUGE Nativity that was damaged.

So she did bring it to church the following Sunday, and Pastor Mark made mention of it during the service and placed her little wooden Mary & Joseph at the front of the church with the Nativity scene.  I wonder how many were moved by the act of a little child that day.

Ripple effects......of giving....one day when we get in Heaven, we are going to be truly AMAZED at the impact that our lives have had on other people. Because I truly believe, we only get to see the tip of the iceberg while on this earth.

Well, our friend Randy the puppet guy. as Ashley used to know him from her daycare days is a great poem writer.  When Poppy Murphy shared the above story with him, he was very quick to write a poem about this Christmas Story.

 I know he won't mind me sharing this on my blog:



The Greater Scandal!
(For Ashley)
Randy C. Hicks
December 12, 2011

They're little souls sometimes not seen
To some they just don't matter
Their presence may not be desired
Their laughter or their chatter!

We take them out, hide them away
We tell them to be quiet
Push them around - expect too much
Perhaps they'll start a riot!

And then one steps out from the crowd
To offer us her treasure
A sacrifice that costs her much
A gift that gave her pleasure!

She'd heard about the vandals work
How they'd destroyed the manger
So she brought hers to share with all
E'en though, to some - a stranger!

A little child shall lead, He said
Their simple faith our model
They see, they hear, they understand
We must not fear to coddle!

It's Christmastime, let's not forget
The purpose for the season
How God so loved this broken world
To save us was His reason

For sending Jesus - Prince of Peace
His only begotten Son
Who started life among us here
Mother Mary's little one!

Full of energy? - Yes no doubt!
And sometimes hard to handle
Offending or ignoring Him
T'would be the greater scandal!




Isn't that awesome? 

I will write more during 2012......for sure.   Ashley may even do a few chapters, as I was telling her about how I was writing a book for her on the computer. 

Have a great weekend all, and tell someone that you love them.  After all, Valentines is coming, and those 3 little words are not said often enough.

Blessings on your day,

Dana
Proud to be Ashley's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment