What to choose to give up? Tea or Chocolate would be too easy for me to do. So I had to choose something that I really love so I chose Facebook and Twitter.
Now if you know me well, you know that was not an easy decision for me as I LOVE to keep in touch with people near far through facebook. And I also enjoy keeping my statuses mostly postive as I believe the World has enough negativity in it as it is...why add more, right?
I kid you not, on my last day of Twitter, I came across the hashtag #40Acts of Stewardship. Having just sat under a sermon series on Stewardship from our Pastor Jason at #TSAHope, it caught my eye.
So basically it is about giving back for 40 days So here I am on Day 1 - of No facebook or Twitter. I am having a little withdrawal but I know that I can do this.
So to help me cope, I thought I should get back to my blogging and blog this 40 day challenge. The challenge for Day #1 is called CIRCLES. Interesting - sounds like a Primary Math class but not quite.
The premise is that we ALL have CIRCLES in our lives of family, friends, coworkers, neighbors etc. Today is going to prepare me for a GENEROUS LENT which I am excited about. Each day I will receive an email with my daily challenge.
Here is a photo of my CIRCLES that I drafted up today....and I am sure I will add more as the time goes by.
I plan to frame it and put it on my War Room wall as a reminder to pray for everyone in my Circle of Influence.
So who are you connected to?
Looking forward to tomorrows challenge. Thanks for reading. Be encouraged.
Love Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment