Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Friends

Wow, the weather must be starting to get nice as I haven't blogged since Mid-May.  I have been busy unwinding in our garden and enjoying it immensely.  

But tonight, ,I am skipping the gardening as I wait for Ashley and a friend who she met at home daycare at public swimming.  

I have been doing a lot of thinking and reading about Friends and Friendship this past few weeks.  So I thought why not write a little blurb about Friends. Because one day, Ashlely will be sitting back and reading my blog posts and who knows, she may need to read and hear what her mommy had to say when she was in Grade 6. LOL.

I posted an article this week from Focus on the Family which has some awesome things to say about Friends.  If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to do so.  Here is the link:

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/teens/developing-friendships-that-last

It speaks about developing friendships that last.

I have quite a number of great friends but I LOVE to reconnect with friends who I haven't heard from in a while and pick up just where we left off.  Do you have friends like that?  It doesn't matter if you haven't spoken in 2 years ,you just start chatting and off you go.  I am not going to name friends as I am bound to forget someone but if you are reading this - you will know who you are.

One thing that I appreciate in my friends are those who we are prayer warriors together.  We can share what is going on in our lives and where we need prayer and we have assurance that when we say we are praying - we are praying!  

As I have gotten older - I am more appreciative of these prayer warrior friends an I am not shy about asking or requesting prayer.  I believe by sharing our stories and needs - that we are not pretending to be okay or not in need of help, is something that we all need to do.


Being a parent of a pre-teen, we have a lot of chats about Friends and what makes or breaks a friendship.  And Ashley & I have shared many prayers together at bedtime for various friends and friendships.  

We can't always be there but we can certainly teach ,train and model for our children about friends.  

We need to pray for our friends - even when they don't know.  Found another great read:

http://adivineencounter.com/prayers-for-your-friends/


Thank YOU for being my friend,

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment