Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One month has passed and no blogging....dear me.

I can't believe a whole month has passed and I haven't done my blog, shame on me. It seems like Vacation ended, school started and all you know what broke lose. Everyone is busy busy busy, schedules galore...trying to balance work and home. Living for weekends, and then cramming so much into them. And Daddy Ken has to work a lot during the week, so thus the computer is tied up....and on it goes. Maybe I will get a laptop for Christmas.

In the midst of the busyness, there have been lots of fun times and stories with Ashley. Too many to count....

She LOVES her Kindergarten class and LOVES to read. Her teacher is doing the phonics program with her, and there are about 3 levels of books. Anyway, Ashley zipped through all 6 books in the first level....and is now onto the 2nd.

The other day at Circle time her teacher was reading the class a book, and Ashley says "Denise, I can read that book to everyone if you want me too". heh heh. I think she surprised her teacher.

******

At the supper table yesterday, I told Ashley that tonight she was due for a shower, gone are the baths for now. She has discovered the shower is fun!! So she says, I am going to take a KITTY shower instead and starts licking her paws and combing them over her head.

Ken and I got such a chuckle out of that one.

******

One of Ashley's favorite things to do is help in the kitchen. Honestly, she is getting really good and I am encouraging this HELPER in her as much as possible....then her and Daddy can do all the cooking.

A few pics of my girl in action:

In the first picture, she convinced me that she was big enough to use a real knife. Eek! But she did fine.


Good night all....time for some much needed rest. I will be writing more soon....before another Month passes by.

Love Dana
aka, the luckiest mom in the world.

3 comments:

  1. I love the blog makeover!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dana! I awarded you a "gorgeous blog" award! Come by my blog and snag it ( and share it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS SHARON! I will check out your blog, as I always do too.

    ReplyDelete