

It sure is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is upon us once again - and we are reminded to slow down and think of all the wonderful blessings that God has given to us. What have you been reflecting on today & over the weekend?
God has blessed me in so many ways, but I, like many forget at times to stop and really think about ALL that He has given me in my life. So, I will stop today and make a list of just some of things that I am thankful for as there are way too many to list and of course, it grows every day....
I am thankful for:
- being raised in a Christian family which goes back many many years. Thanks Mom & Dad. For 2 great brothers....and Uncles. I am also thankful for the grandparents whose footsteps we follow in today.
- my husband Kenny - who I love and adore more than words can explain.
- our daughter Ashley Mischief King, oops I mean Ashley Sueann King who brings so much JOY and LIFE into our lives. We learn so much from her...even on the most challenging of days.
- Mom & Dad King In Newfoundland and for the LOVE they have in their hearts for us. They are such giving people & if anyone is ever in need, you will find these people helping out. Love you guys. For Wade & Amy....the 2 biggest kids in love on earth!
- living in a country where we are free to worship God in a church without fear of being shot
- food, shelter, clean water, health & happiness
- girlfriends. Life wouldn't be life without your girlfriends. I love to keep in touch with you all, even if only on a quarterly basis. Each and every one of my friends hold a special place in my heart.
- having a job & working for a Christian organization. Although busy most days, I try to slow down and recognize each moment as an opportunity to serve HIM....after all , we work for the Master.
- so many other things....take a moment to stop & say THANKS to someone today....or to reflect on all the blessings that you have in your life.
- Last, but not least I am thankful for all the funny stories that Ashley says just about every day....too many to blog about, so I keep a paper journal too....
Today, while doing 6 loads of laundry we had Missy help out to put her stuff away in her room. So we had all the dry clothes on our bed & Ken and I were folding away. (Yes, I LOVE my hubby for helping with the laundry....he is a big help...took a lot of training over the years...LOL)
We called out to Ashley about 3 or 4 times to come and get her socks, shirts and pants to put away in her room.
Finally, she had enough and says in her Drama voice "THAT'S IT, I am not coming back to your room anymore because every time I do, I have another Job to do"!!
That's right little one, and in a few years you will be doing this to earn your allowance. LOL. Gotta love parenting!!
Happy Thanks living everyone.....until next time.
DANA
No comments:
Post a Comment