I will never forget this one travel story while we were traveling home from Newfoundland. As many of you know, we spent 7.5 hours in Halifax airport waiting for our next flight. What does one do for 7.5 hours?
Watch Ashley make a little friend in the kids play area.
Read a good book.
Share a meal with my hubby & daughter.
Take a little walk.
And people watch. Who doesn't like to people watch? Ok, maybe not everyone enjoys it, but I kinda like to watch people from time to time.
When you start watching people, your mind wanders and you end up trying to guess what they do for a living etc.
There was one particular family though while waiting in the airport that I will never forget.
We were quietly watching Ashley in the kids area, when we noticed a disagreement of sorts happening at the West Jet counter. Next thing we knew the police were called, as one of the passengers was very drunk. They were not going to let him on the plane obviously.
The sad thing about this story, is that the mom and about 10 year old daughter were going to get on the plane while daddy stayed behind. My heart was torn as I watched the police take this man away, while the young daughter weeped as she watched this happen. The WestJet staff were awesome, and sat with this young girl to console her.
I don't know why these people do things like this. I know it happens every day but it seemed even more sad that is was happening in the midst of a happy Christmas Season. I have to say I prayed for that young girl so much for the rest of that day, and every time I think of her now I pray for her.
I was sharing this with my girlfriend who called to wish me a Happy birthday! And we were talking about how sad it was. However, she shed some light on it for me and said that maybe God wanted me to see that, as He needed someone to pray for this family.
That day, and every day I pray that all little innocent children, will be protected from the evil one. And if they are in the midst of such a situation, that they will realize that they have a God who cares very much about them.
My personal prayer, again at the start of 2010 is that I will recognize and realize the opportunities that God puts in my way. I pray that I won't be so quick to judge, but to even be more quick to pray.
Thank you for answered prayers! And for the freedom that we have in Canada to worship and pray together.
Good night friends,
Dana
P.S. Where did January go? February 1st tomorrow already.....
No comments:
Post a Comment