Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy New Year 2010








I guess I am a bit late with the Happy New year wishes, but better late then never. Here it is January 19th, I haven't blogged and I think I am just starting to get over the fact that yes Christmas in Newfoundland is over...and we are back to reality of work, school and play. LOL.

Reflections on Christmas 2009:

We had such a great time with all of our family & friends both here in Ontario & in Newfoundland. It would take forever to put into words all that I am thankful for and especially for all the non material gifts that God bestowed upon us during the Christmas Season:

  • The gift of FAMILY - and watching Nanny, Nana & Poppy's, many Aunts, Uncles and Cousins enjoy their time with Ashley. It warmed my heart just to watch the JOY and LOVE shared between everyone. This is better than any gift you could ever receive.

    Watching Ashley cherish her new guitar from Poppy Murphy & wanting to sneak off to a private guitar lesson warmed my heart. Kinda reminded me of when I was young when I used to go to hang out with my Poppy Murphy....just me & him..

    Being treated like Royalty at Nana (Mom King) and Poppy (Dad King's) house for almost 2 weeks. Truly the best HOSTESS and cook in NL, and you don't even have to leave Eastview Cres. to see all the family because they come for the food & laughter

    Auntie Margie (aka Ruby) instilling the JOY of Christmas Spirit in Ashley by giving her a gift of a very special Magic Pen, that ONLY worked when little girls used it.

    Playing a game on New years Eve & having a grand laugh as Poppy King gave all the wrong answers because he was using the wrong starting Letter for the game. Oh my Gosh....that was funny.

    Watching Fireworks right next door at Uncle Craig, Andrea, and Benjamin & Madeline's.

  • The gift of FRIENDS - catching up with my girlfriends, Donna & Sandi while home in NL was such a treat. Leaving hubby, and Ashley behind....to just have some girl time was so much fun. Ya gotta do this once in a while.


    Sharing a meal together with Rochelle, Brian, boys, Aunt Melva, Uncle Reg & Aunt Grace.
    Poor Uncle Reg was tormented to death by the 3 kiddies but he is good for it. One day soon we will ALL be together for a big ol family reunion....maybe in Sunny South...


    Gathering together at Michele & Darrell's, the kiddos and enjoying more friends Karen & Andy and their kiddos. Sharing the laughs together just like old times.....GIRLS you are the among the best of friends and I am so happy to call you friend. Distance and time may separate us, but it doesn't get in the way of our friendships.
For Sheldon , Tracy and Julia for meeting up with Ken & Ashley for a meal...sorry I
missed this visit guys. But I heard all about the hurricane that hit Nana's house after
when Ashley & Julia got back to the house. LOL. These kiddos are mischievous together
but indeed friends. Who would have ever thought years ago, when Ken & Sheldon were
friends in Elementary school that they each would have little girls....playing together.
Crazy!!

To see Kim, Barry & Chelsea is always a special time together. Chelsea, you truly are
a very special friend of Ashley's. And you are blessed with a mommy & daddy who LOVE you so much. So glad you came to visit us during Christmas. Love & hugs.

I will have to continue this later, but you get the idea. We had such a great time & We are truly truly blessed with such a wide circle of family & friends that I don't even think I have room to complain.

Mental note.....to write on my blog again before January 2010 goes by. A little friend encouraged me with a WRITERS PRAYER....you know who you are...so I have been pressured now to keep it up. Tee hee.

Good night all,

Love Dana
a.k.a. - Mommy

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful memories of Christmas you have created for us all to enjoy.
    Every day with filled with love and family are life time treasures.
    Love you all
    mom

    ReplyDelete