We moved after the long weekend in August to our new HOUSE which has quickly become our HOME. It feels so right! We LOVE it.
- Nana King came for 2 weeks which really really helped us a lot. Thanks Nana for all that you did....hopefully your Visa card is not burning too much.
- Poppy King joined for the 2nd week and between both of them (while Ken and I worked) they took Ashley daily to her new neighbourhood park where she met some friends. A great help in her adjustment.
- Mom and Dad Murphy were in NL on vacation but with us in thoughts, phone calls and prayers. I can't wait for them to get back to see our Home now. Dad - hopefully is not missing too much from his Condo....so far we have his FAN, electric screwdriver and what else? Thankfully they are only 7 minutes away from our new home.
- We have received cards at our new mail address from friends and family near and far.....sharing in our JOY which is always a blessing. I am serious when I say "KINGS LODGING" is open for business as we truly do love Company.....just give us some notice.
- We have so far little pieces of our families displayed in our home. For ex, a painting by Ken's cousin Sue hangs in our living area, a clock given to us by all the KINGS on our wedding day hangs in our kitchen, a newfoundland painting of APRONS - which remind me of my Nanny Pretty's clothesline hangs in our living room, the Entertainment unit was a purchase made in memory of Grandad King, our St. John's coasters from Auntie Margie.......and the list goes on. So as, you can see the fabric of our family is in our home even in this short time. That is why it feels like HOME.....we love our families and sweet memories of those who have passed on.
- In Ashley's room hangs a photo of a Guardian Angel walking behind 2 children crossing a bridge. You may know which one I am referring to. Well, my grandmother Pretty used to have this photo hanging in her kitchen in Gambo....which is why I bought it when Ashley was born. Just this week, we put up this photo in Ashley's new room before Nana and Poppy left to go home to Newfoundland.
I really honestly got the shivers when I looked at it again on the wall. Why? The exact colors of the guardian angels garment (Pink and green) are the EXACT and I mean EXACT colors that we have on her wall in her new room. You may think coincidence? But not me. I know that Great Grandma Pretty was looking down from heaven and approving not only this move.....as a God moment but that once again a reminder that she is very near to us. - So those are some of the exciting things happening with our new move. We are going through a bit of adjustment this week for all of us.....after all our Nana & Poppy King left us so now we have to cook for ourselves again....LOL....but Missy started her new daycare for before and after school, new commutes etc etc. But through it all, I am reminding myself daily that God has already gone before us on this new Chapter. He is watching over our steps daily...and will GUIDE us each step of the way.
Good night for now, Love Dana
(Soon be time for bed....early rise for the commute in. Ugh! - just kidding, it ain't so bad)
No comments:
Post a Comment