Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Off to School......

For most parents, they are singing the words "It's the most wonderful time of the year" for all the kiddies heading back to school. But I have come to realize there are a whole set of other parents who are transitioning their children to NEW schools, and NEW situations that they or us have never encountered before.

First of all, Miss Ashley had an AWESOME first day in Grade 1. She said "You were right mom, school is cool".

I booked the week off of work, so Nanny Murphy and I did a little scouting out this morning watching her get on the bus from her daycare ....then we quickly drove near her new school, and hid behind some trees at the park to ensure she got off the bus okay, was met by a teacher and walked to her new class. Some may think we are crazy.....but it was peace of mind. While I felt a little like the paparazzi it was good to see her trotting off in the safety of her new teachers etc.

This is really when we have to Let Go and Let God! Praying prayers of protection but also entrusting God to watch over and protect our children when we are not there with them.

For all my friends who are experiencing along with me, these first day of school jitters. Remember to focus on the positive but also to stay in prayer and God will watch over and protect our precious angels.

All for now....mommy is tired from her day! Now that Day 1 is over....we should all sleep soundly tonight.

Love Dana

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

1 comment:

  1. Not to worry, the first year CJ took the bus to school, I drove behind it a few days and parked across the street! ;-)

    ReplyDelete