Friday, April 3, 2009

April Showers....

April Showers bring May Flowers....

That is what I have been reminding myself all day today....as we watch the rain team down in Toronto....but we have no snow, so that is a positive. What else am I thankful for?

  • Watching Ashley as proud as a peacock wearing her new raincoat and matching umbrella to daycare for the first time this Spring......
  • That our ELLIOTT family arrived safely in Toronto....all 5 of them, and we will get to spend time together at the ZOO this weekend....and girl shopping to come.
  • To get up tomorrow and go for a nice breakfast with my hubby, Ashley and Uncle Darrin aka Wolf
  • For indulging in a blizzard from Dairy Queen....just becuz. Sorry Darrin....we didn't call you to come with us. HA HA
  • For togetherness on a Friday evening, and not having to be anywhere in particuliar. And getting slammed in the face as Ken and Ashley throw soft balls at my face....the things I let them do in the house.
  • For freedom to teach our daughter the power of prayer in her young life, and when she is afraid of ghosts at bedtime and I ask her what can she do when she is afraid. Her response, pray to God to help her not be afraid.
  • For my bed, that is calling my name.....and I will sink under the Duvet in about 4 minutes, put in my earplugs to keep out the snoring ....I won't say who...and off to la la land I go.
  • For friends to meet up for dinner tomorrow....and I am sure we will share a few laughs together.
  • I could go on....but getting tired now.

Enjoy your weekends everyone.....I may be back before Monday to post again....

Dana aka "The luckiest mom in the world" (We all think that)

1 comment:

  1. Great expression of your day!
    You are a wonderful person.,,We love you lots

    ReplyDelete