Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Victoria Day...

It was a nice long weekend, although I spent Saturday and Sunday in the house recovering from my cold. Monday, I had cabin fever and made sure we all got out of the house to do something. Being the long weekend, there wasn't a lot open, however I did find that the Markham Museum had free admission for the day to kick off their season.

We had never gone there before and although not fully operational, I really enjoyed our visit there. Took some nice pics of Ashley picking dandelions for her Mommy, and the Apple Blossoms. What a beautiful reminder of just how God's handiwork is in action this time of year.

I also did some thinking of my Grandfather Frank Murphy, as they had a train that you could go on and view the rooms etc. I kept thinking if the train that Pop was the Chief Dispatcher on way back years ago were like this.

A few more pics of our afternoon well spent.....I should be off to bed for some much needed rest. I will blog more before May slips away. Enjoy!

Love Dana

The photos are in no random order....sorry...too tired to change the layout. ha ha









1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley
    Poppy and Nanny are so pleased you had a fun day at the Museum
    We came to the train too,but you had already gone home
    Almost 40 years ago, Poppy and I took a trip across Canada by train.
    We will tell you more about that someday
    Love you lots

    ReplyDelete