
I wrote this on Friday, April 29, 2011, but forgot to post it until now:
Our extended family has always been caught up in the Royal family. I remember watching the wedding of Diana and Charles, as well as the sad day that Diana died in a car crash. I remember my Nanny Pretty having a beautiful picture of the Queen Mother hung in her kitchen many years ago.
So of course, I wouldn't miss the chance to watch the wedding of William and Kate. A fairytale love story in real life. On Friday, April 29th, 2011, with 2 billion or more people watching, the wedding was the most beautiful thing to watch.
Mommy booked the day off work so that I could wake at
3am to start to watch the LIVE coverage with Nanny Murphy. (When you are a bit older, I will let you skip school). We had tea and cheese with crackers, wedding fruit cake to enjoy the festivities.
In Newfoundland, Nana King was up early to watch it there too. And Great Nanny Murphy woke at 4am, and watched it too. She told mommy that she went to eat breakfast at 7am and rushed back to her room , eating her breakfast really quickly so that she wouldn't miss it on tv. So cute.
Nanny Murphy is our Royal Treasure....
Nanny Murphy is our Royal Treasure....


No comments:
Post a Comment