I quite like the image to the left here. It has a strong message which is so important in so many of our circles.
As you know, I am an officers (pastors kids) so over the years, I have sat through MANY sermons and church services. Quite often we were at church ALL day on Sunday's (funny that many complain now about going out for just 1 hour) but that's another blog.
One thing that I like to do it take notes from sermons or small group discussions. Often we can look back on these notes and be inspired as we reflect on another level. So I am challenging myself lately, to LISTEN more intently to the words being spoke on Sunday but also to LISTEN to the words of the music and songs that we sing in church. And it is okay to not actually sing but to really LISTEN and focus on the words that the congregation is singing.
Yesterday, Pastor Jason shared from Luke 7 about Jesus being anointed by a Sinful woman. It wasn't just any woman - she was a hooker/prostitute and she anointed Jesus with her very best perfume. I couldn't help think about this in today's world - if this happened in downtown Toronto, how would people react? Would it be on Global news as a top story? Would Christians react? Kinda gets you thinking.
I was inspired and challenged yesterday in my own christian walk to be more intentional as I live my life. I want to love people as Jesus would and still does love them. Not exluding ANYONE - if someone needs to be loved then we need to treat them the same way - in Jesus eyes.
We all experience things as we go through life and there are lots of opportunities to Love and be there for people.
For privacy reasons, I won't name names but there are those in my huge circle of influence who have needed me to pray for or just be there to listen and be a friend as they go through things. Situations include:
- Children waiting on jobs.
- Teenage pregnancy
- A friend with a neighbor diagnosed with cancer
- A friend whose daughter had a miscarriage
- Anxiety and Fear
- A friend with family relationship issues
- People selling and moving homes
- Financial issues
- Ministry issues
- Someone dealing with Alcohol issues
- Grieving the loss of a loved one or friend or a daughter/sister
- And the list goes on.......
At the same time, there have times of JOY & HAPPY times shared together:
- A child sharing their gift of music in ministry
- Birth of a new baby
- A coworker sharing his JOY to take care of his grandkids and how it is not a chore
- Sharing of meals with family & friends & neighbors.
Look around you! I can guarantee you will have at least ONE!
Don't take life for granted.
No regrets!
And as my Grandmother used to say, "Keep on Keeping On"
Thot: If we all loved as Jesus loved, what a difference we would truly make in this world.
Dana

Great words of advice. I needed to hear this today.
ReplyDelete