Friendships & Character
This week in our house ,we have talked quite a bit about friendships.
What makes a good friend?
What doesn't make a good friend?
How to help our friends?
Praying for our friends?
And the list goes on.
There was a little situation with our daughter and a friend that triggered all the conversation. Before she left for school on that day, I told her that I would be praying for her all day. We often tell each other this but on this particuliar day, she needed to hear it more.
At the end of the day, we shared about our day. I told her that I couldn't stop thinking about her & she shared that it was the same for her. When she had to deal with the friend, she would think of me & what I said.
Open communication, trust and listening ears are so important in families.
On this day, I reminded her that it was like the 'Invisible String' we are always connected.
If you haven't heard of the book, I would recommend it for your library collection. It was given to us by Majors Wanda & Eric Brown and was a special gift to us. Eric has since passed away but we have this book as a memory of him. Thank you Wanda for continuing to keep in touch - it means a lot and we cherish your friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment