Some days I would love to be a fly on the wall, and just sit in on some of the conversations that happen with Ashley and her friends in her Kindergarten class. Her little friend Jayson is going to be a Big brother soon, so they have been talking a lot about babies. Our drive home yesterday went like this:
A: Mommy, you know when I was a baby in your belly? How do babies get out of your belly?
Me: (Pause, as I wasn't expecting this question). Well the Doctor puts a hole in your belly and the baby comes out. ( I didn't want to tell her the normal way as of yet as she may expect it to happen to her. 4 1/2 year olds are quite literal)
A: Well, you know what Mommy. When I was in your belly in the hospital, the Doctor poked a little hole in your belly.
Me: Really, and then what happened?
A: I looked out through the little hole and I could see you & daddy.
(HA HA HA HA HA, We thought this was so funny. I said to Ken, there is my next blog.)
Some day I will tell her the REAL Birds and Bees story, but I not ready for that....and she can hear how daddy's spicy Chili put me into Labor for 12 hours, and I didn't know I was in Labor and got to the hospital pretty much 8cm dilated....but that is a blog for way down the road.
See ya
Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment