Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm Sorry

Have you ever had to say I am sorry to someone, not an easy thing to do is it?

Mommy & Ashley were shopping one day at a card store, and Ashley wasn't using her listening ears. There are so many things in a card store that attract a child, including stickers. So Ashley walked around the store with her stickers but I had to speak to her one too many times. I told her that if I had to speak just one more time, the stickers go back.

It must be a thing with 4 1/2 year olds, but she had to test me out. So she did, and didn't listen again. So you got it, Mommy paid for her cards and Ashley's stickers went back.

She was not impressed with me, and was very quiet on the drive home, including after we picked up Daddy from the subway station. Every now and then we would hear a "Humph" or grunt from the back seat. She pouted all the way to our apartment, ,then went to her room.

It continued for a bit, then daddy went to talk to her. Ken will have little chats with her from time to time, (I hope he continues with his patient chats when she hits the PMS years). Anyway, he must have told her that she needed to go and apologize to mommy.

Next thing I am washing up the dishes and I don't hear a sound, but the next thing I see is a paper flying in the kitchen ....here is a picture of what is had written on it:

Who wouldn't accept such an apology? I immediately went to see the little cutie who threw me the note in the kitchen and we hugged and had a great evening.

Lesson learned...and many more to come in the years to come. I love you Sweetie!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment