Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 25 - Acts of Generosity - 'Word Up'

Today we are to share some of our favorite bible verses & if we want to - to also share why it is a meaningful verse to us. 

I have a number of bible verses that I like because they have comforted me in the past and on this daily journey of life on earth. One of my absolute favorites is from Isaiah 41:10.  There have been a number of valley experiences that I have needed this verse as a reminder. 

Some of you know that we have experienced 3 miscarriages, 1 before Ashley's birth  2 after.  The most disappointing one for us as a couple was the first one as we REALLY wanted a baby to join our family it just didn't happen when we wanted it to.  So this verse is a meaningful one for me.  Because God truly is with us no matter what we are going through and he will and does strengthen us.  Going through a miscarriage on your first try in a world that asks, "When are you having your first baby?" is not an easy thing to go through.  But we got through with the love of family & friends to support us and  I believe our marriage is stronger for going through these difficulties too.  It helps you to grow as a couple & leaning on God & knowing his word really helped me during these times.



A 2nd favorite is from Psalm 139:13 (I love the Psalms) as it is just a beautiful reminder for us that God KNEW me and he knew YOU and he knew our KIDS before they were even born.  He knows what you will do, what gifts he has given to each of us.  What a loving God we serve. 


I really could go on and on but I will just share one more favorite for today and it is found in 2 Corinthians 2:14. 



 
I pray that as our daughter grows physically that she will also have a craving to learn the word of God and to hide it in her heart.  As we walk this journey of life, we need it.
 
Good night friends!
Love Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment