I have thoroughly enjoyed this journey - of my first time giving up something for Lent. Each day was like opening up a gift to me as I took the challenge presented from the Stewardship team. Bringing smiles to peoples faces when they least expected always brought Joy back to us (my daughter helped me out a lot).
I claim the bible verse for my life again & pray that I will always follow HIS example as I am living my life.
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5: 1-2
It is not always easy to do this but if we put our trust in God and ask him for help in good times and bad, we will be fulfilled.
From the last email blog today:
Sacrifice
Lent is usually marked by giving up: chocolate, TV, social media, whatever it is—we 'sacrifice' those everyday pleasures as a discipline. But how much of a sacrifice have we made? How far should our sacrifice go? Today – as Lent concludes and we look forward to the new hope that Easter brings - we’re turning it up a notch. We’re going to ask you to commit to a life of sacrifice; beyond just simple abstinence. It’s time to reconnect to the ancient view of sacrifice, to offer up our very best to God. The kind of sacrifice which opens our hearts and minds to a life of true generosity.
No comments:
Post a Comment